Super Easy Hanging Garden Chair for Your Patio!On 2022-06-30 by Jaimy Sell
Did you know that there are many ways to add greenery and life to your outdoor space? Even if you don’t have the green thumb, or the big bucks to install a full-fledged garden on your patio, you can still give it a touch of nature with something as simple as hanging plants. With a little bit of creativity and resourcefulness, you can even create an indoor-outdoor hanging chair that’s perfect for lounging in the sun! You will need some basic carpentry skills for this project. Read through all of the instructions first before starting so that you know what materials to buy and how much time it will take you.
What you’ll need
– A pair of gardening clippers – To cut the greenery – A measuring tape – To measure the height of your patio railing – A pencil and paper – To write down your measurements – A ruler – To measure the length of the pieces of wood – Clamps – To hold the pieces of wood together – A carpenter’s square – To mark the wood – A hammer – To hammer nails – A saw – To cut the wood – A stain – To stain the wood – A paint brush – To apply the stain – Canvas fabric – To make the panels for the hanging chair – Screws – To attach the panels to the wood – A drill – To attach the panels to the wood – Wooden dowels – To make the wood more sturdy Hanging garden chair
Step 1: Mark and Cut the Wood
The first step is to mark the wood and then cut it. Depending on the height of your patio table, you can either make 4 or 6 panels. The panels will be attached together to make a hanging garden chair. If you are making 4 panels, then you will need the following pieces of wood: – One piece of wood to be the back panel (28” x 11”) – Two pieces of wood to be the side panels (18” x 11”) – One piece of wood to be the bottom panel (28” x 14”) If you are making 6 panels, then you will need the following pieces of wood: – Two pieces of wood to be the back panels (28” x 11”) – Two pieces of wood to be the side panels (18” x 11”) – One piece of wood to be the bottom panel (28” x 14”) – One piece of wood to be the top panel (20” x 14”)
Step 2: Stain the Wood
The next step after marking and cutting the wood is to stain the wood. This will help protect the wood from the weather and also give it a beautiful finish. Before staining the wood, use sandpaper to sand off any rough edges. Stain the pieces of wood according to the directions on the can. Use a paint brush to apply the stain on the edges and the bottom of the panels. Let the stain dry completely before attaching the panels together.
Step 3: Add the Hanging Hooks
After staining the wood, the next step is to add the hanging hooks to each of the panels. The hooks will be where the panel will be attached to the wood. Use a carpenter’s square to draw a line approximately 4 inches from the top of each of the panels. Attach the hanging hooks on the line that you drew.
Step 4: Add the Canvas Panels
The next step is to add canvas panels to the panels of the hanging chair. Use clamps to hold the panels together, and then attach them to the panels of the hanging chair.
Step 5: Add Florals and Decorations
The last step is to add the florals and decorations to the hanging chair. You can either add them to the panels or to the wooden dowels. Attach them with a piece of tape or string.
Hanging plants are a great way to add color and life to your patio. They are easy to install and low maintenance. Hanging plants don’t take up much space and can easily be moved around according to the sunlight. If you want to bring the nature indoors, you can also create an indoor-outdoor hanging chair using the same method. You can also add soil to the pots and grow vertical plants that will grow towards the sun.
This article is provided by https://www.creativegardens.com/outdoor-cooking-barbecues
You may also like
- Bark United Kingdom: Your Go-To Platform for Pet Services
- The Sizzle of Success: Weber BBQs in Ireland
- Title: Enhance Your Garden Oasis: Must-Have Products for Every Gardener
- Exploring Moon Valley Nursery: Your One-Stop Destination for Greenery
- Exploring the Beauty of Blue Diamond Garden Centre: A Horticultural Haven
- Maximizing Growth: The Art of Garden Centre Marketing
- Unlocking the Secret of Cactus Compost: A Gardener’s Guide
- Title: Choosing the Perfect Dog Bed: A Comprehensive Guide
- Title: Elevate Your Outdoor Space with Premium Garden Furniture
- Unveiling the Miraculous World of Seeds: Nature’s Tiny Powerhouses